Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week 22: Tarts - asparagus onion gruyere tart

I don't have a tart pan so I wanted to make something free-form. Martha Stewart to the rescue! Her asparagus gruyere tart seemed perfect but I wanted a bit more flavor so I added some lightly carmelized onions.


First I cut up four walls walls sweets and put them in a pan.


I didn't fully cook them down cause I wanted some texture from the onions.


As those cooled I prepared the pastry dough by thawing and rolling it out. I then scored a square about 1inch around the edges and poked the center with a fork.



As it baked I shredded the gruyere.


I baked the crust to a nice golden brown.


I layered the onions first.


Then added the gruyere.


On to I put the asparagus making every other one up and down. Because my baking stone is square I ended up with some room at the bottom and so I put more asparagus across the bottom and basted it with olive oil, salt, and pepper.


I baked it all for about 25 minutes and took it out when a fork could pierce the asparagus.


It was fantastic. FANTASTIC.



- Posted using BlogPress from iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment