Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week 19: Less than 5 Ingredients: Kale Chips

Ok, so it isn't a full meal, but this is a snack I've been meaning to make this for a while so this challenge was the perfect opportunity.  Andrew bought a huge bag of kale at Costco so it was time.



I filled a bowl with fresh kale after rinsing and dying the leaves.


I mixed olive oil and salt and pepper (we're up to 4 ingredients now, fyi).


I drizzled the olive oil mixture over the kale and tossed it to coat all the leaves.


I spread the leaves out on a baking sheet and put them in an over heated to 295F.  


After about 20 minutes I stirred up the kale sorta flipping it as much as I could. 


Another 20 minutes or so and they were ready!  They were quite tasty except I kinda over did it on the salt.  Well, lesson learned for next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment