Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 12: Piping Technique - Fine tip cookie piping

Well, this challenge was a total fail. First, I don't really have good piping accouterments. Nor do I really want any.  As you may have noticed, I tend to shy away from things that take patience or precision.  It isn't that I'm incapable so much as uninterested.  So, I knew I had to pipe with my crappy plastic, leaking bag and my not very fine piping tip.  Well, we were headed to a BBQ at a friend's house and it was going to be dark out, so no one would be able to see my crappy piping anyway so I went for it. 


I made about 3 dozen sugar cookies and cooled them.


To honor the new spring season I went with yellow and blue frosting and I iced the cookies with yellow as the base. 


I tried making flowers, dots, lines, swirls, and even a really embarrassing attempt at a bird (see it in there?), but they all looked pretty awful.  My frosting was acting weird (separating oddly) so I called it quits after a handful of cookies and just brought the yellow frosted ones to the BBQ.  They tasted fine, but over all I call this challenge a bust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment