Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 11 CC: Breakfast - Buttermilk Waffles

I wish I had time to make amazing breakfasts all the time. Breakfast is my favorite meal category. After a long wonderful night on Saturday and perhaps a bit too much Jameson, I needed a waffle. Bad. After making Irish Soda Bread the day before, I had left over buttermilk so the solution was clear. 


Joy of Cooking has a simple and easy butter milk waffle recipe (reproduced here) which basically is one bowl of dry ingredients and one bowl of the wet stuff.


I made a well in the dry and poured in the wet.


I love love love my waffle iron. It was actually a gift to my sister several years ago, but she is partial to the thin waffles and generously re-gifted this Belgin waffle maker right back to me. Andrew and I went through a crazy waffle phase after receiving it but have since slowed down. 


A little turkey bacon for the salty protien.


The waffle was fluffy on the inside with a nice crunch on the outside. It was warm and filling and it held up to my blackberry freezer jam quite well.  I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture with the jam on it. You'll just have to trust me. It was awesome - perfect Sunday breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment