Friday, April 27, 2012

Week 16: Asparagus -Steamed

Simple, spring dinners are my favorite. Asparagus is a staple of spring and summer dinners be it on the grill, in the oven, or on the stove top.  I vary my cooking methods but it always ends up eaten in a flash. Andrew and I love asparagus almost as much as we love brussel sprouts.



I made a veggie lasagna  with zucchini, broccoli, and mushrooms so the asparagus was a perfect compliment. I use the tried and true method of snapping off the woody ends, then put about 1/4c water into a saute pan.


I added some garlic and got the whole thing to steamin'


A little bit of salt and pepper when they are close to being done, also a dash of lemon juice, gives a little flavor complexity to the asparagus.


We devoured the asparagus and if I do say so myself, the lasagna was downright delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment