Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 15: Kids -Flourless Chocolate Walnut Cookies

For the kid theme this week I went for something that would be fun and easy to make with kids.  I used a 5 ingredient recipe and they were delicious!  I think if I were to make them again, I'd use this 6 ingredient recipe from Epicurious.com.  The salt would have made a big difference I think. 


It is a one bowl, throw it all in, and mix it all up recipe.  Easy to make and easy to clean up after.  


I used a mixture of walnuts and pecans for the nuts and after mixing it up it turned into a sticky chocolately goop.


They spread quite a bit so spacing was important.  I dropped smaller blobs than called for in the recipe since my goal was to have plenty to share.


Even with the smaller cookies they were chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside.  They were somewhat like cookie brownies.


This is a good gluten free cookie for those of you with that nutritional limitation (or if you have friends/family who need gluten free treats).  I will most likely make these again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment