Friday, April 6, 2012

Week 13: Cheesecake - Cheesecake Bars



I was a tiny bit behind on making this one, but I don't think anyone can blame me. I was busy pulling off the surprise of the century and entertaining guests! So, a few days late, but here they are. I found the recipe on the  King Arthur Flour site and left out the lemon rind and juice but other wise followed the recipe closely but half agained it in size to fit into a 13x9.

The crust is the classic butter, graham cracker, sugar, cinnamon mix. Pressed into a 13x9 and baked briefly.


The filling was pretty easy.  Cream cheese, eggs, sugar, plain greek yogurt (substituted for the heavy cream/sour cream called for in the recipe), and a scraped out half of a vanilla bean.


Costco has the greatest deal on vanilla beans and they are quite long. I cut one in half then split it down the middle and scraped out the insides. My goodness it smells so good. 


After the crust was cooled slightly, I poured in the filling and baked it at 325 for about 30 minutes. 


I cooled it over night in the fridge and cut them into small squares in the morning.  My coworkers couldn't stop talking about how great they were. They are light and fluffy and I've already had requests for a redeux. 

No comments:

Post a Comment