Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 25: Coffee Cake - Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake

To make up for not saving the berry pie for my friends and new neighbors, I whipped up a coffee cake for them! I mixed and matched recipes depending on what I had in the house so I can't really provide a recipe for folks, but it is a pretty standard flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter crumb and straight forward plan (but delicious!) coffee cake.


I made the crumb first then let it sit to soak up the butter and form nice big chunks. 


The cake part started with softened butter and dry goods mixed with a pastry blender.


Next I added the wet goods (eggs, milk... vanilla if I remember correctly).


I tried to keep the crumb part in big chunks and didn't break it up in my hands as I sprinkled it. I wanted the big clumpy kind rather than the small crispy kind.


It worked out beautifully! The crumb was big and soft and sank into the cake perfectly. I over cooked it slightly. It was in my spring form pan which meant a bit more area and the coffee cake was thinner than I am accustomed to. I didn't properly adjust the cooking time so it was a little firm from over cooking, but still tasty and expeditious! 




No comments:

Post a Comment