Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 28 BC: South American - Potato Torte

For the baking challenge this week I made a tasty south american breakfast by whipping up a torte with fresh veggies, potatoes, and eggs.  



First thing I did was saute some green onions with the potatoes in olive oil.


I have a fantastic Zyliss mandolin that slices things like potatoes to an even consistency and I loveit.  It makes for very simple cutting and is so fast! Once the potatoes were cooked through I removed the from the pan and let them cool a bit while I worked on the next step. 


I sauteed fresh tomatoes and rough chopped zucchini in the remaining olive oil. 


When the tomato and zuchs were cooked through I removed those from the pan and layered in the cooked potatoes and green onions. 


I put the zuch & tomato mixture on top of the layered potatoes. 


Lastly I poured a few scrambled eggs over the top! I put this into a preheated oven (to 350F) and baked it for about 15 minutes.


The result was a delicious breakfast! A and I both put some hot sauce on our slices and gobbled it up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment